Xuups
Get an account!     Login

Utilities

Main menu

Who's Online

10 user(s) are online (2 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 10

more...

Get Xoops

Support Xuups Project

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Publisher 1.0aRev217 Feedback
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Things are looking good on the module overall. I've got it working on the development versions of a couple of sites, one new, and one with an upgrade from SmartSection. A few comments and information to share:

images/popeye - missing index.html file
Also, generally index.html files should be j-script history-1 instead of empty files (some aren't)

blocks/items_menu.php - line 46 probably should be:
$categoryid = isset($options[0]) ? $options[0] : 0;

I forget exactly how I managed to create an error with this, but this line fixed it.

If you want it, I have a modification for items_menu.php Menu Block that shows subcategories and another one that lists the items.

FCKeditor "Save" Button - currently this defaults to a preview selection instead of actually saving it and some information isn't retained.

Enhancement Requests
Admin Page/Category View and Ordering - I'd like to be able to both view and re-order the weight/sort order of pages and categories quickly in the administrative view (so an admin can re-arrange the order of pages in category views for those clients that want to do such). I'd suggest adding Category Selection to Sort Order (ID, Title, Date, Weight, ASC/DESC) and possibly with/without subcategory pages -- as well as the status. [Note: I have code that at least displays it if you want it. I can either email it to you or if you give me SVN access, I'd be happy to commit it.]

Permissions for Icons - on the permissions page, who gets to view/use which page icons (print, pdf, bookmark, send to friend, etc) - probably global

Inherit Category Permissions - Newly submitted pages should inherit the permissions of categories. The page shows right away if submitted, but if I don't give that view to authors yet give them auto-submission, then it defaults to "partial view" immediately.

Preferences
I'd suggest the SEO preferences go at the bottom of the page instead of the top - likely rarely changed once set. Maybe even goes under "other".
I'd like to go to 100 for page/category listings (no I haven't gone that far -- yet).

Posted on: 2010/10/20 19:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Publisher 1.0aRev217 Feedback
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
I'm putting this module into use soon on a site and will continue to integrate it as an update to SmartSection which I previously used in my installations, but no longer do for a number of reasons including memory issues. I'll be updating all my sites as I progress forward.

My notes on Publisher (which I will update as necessary and appropriate).

Let me know if I can contribute code or not. thanks!

BTW, something isn't right with your FCKeditors

Posted on: 2010/11/5 14:56

Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
very interesting. good feedback.

Posted on: 2010/11/9 21:18

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
If you want it, I have a modification for items_menu.php Menu Block that shows subcategories and another one that lists the items. FCKeditor "Save" Button - currently this defaults to a preview selection instead of actually saving it and some information isn't retained.
C4090-959 brain dumps

Posted on: 2014/12/23 20:29

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.