Xuups
Get an account!     Login

Utilities

Main menu

Who's Online

8 user(s) are online (4 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 8

more...

Get Xoops

Support Xuups Project

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

MyTabs related question
Just popping in
From Greece
Group:
Registered Users
Hallo Trabis,

Your site is very nice indeed. Functional, simple and interesting.
I saw the MyTabs module, and I must say that is the module I needed for my site.
I have a test server on my laptop, just to test before I publish and also some questions.
I would like to clone the module or just the block. How this can be done?
My xoops version is the 2.0.16 and the module works fine.

Second: I'm looking for a developer who can modify the xoops standard profile to add more sections and options, or the yogurt module which I believe is a better option.
Actually my site is about translations, a portal more or less and I would like specific options to be added to member's profiles.
E.g.: target language > source language, rates for translations - interpretations, CAT tools that they use, specific software, if they are available or not to undertake a project, in which domains they specialize (economics, law, etc) as well as fields about their experience, translation samples, etc.

I would like to make clear at this point that I'm working alone in this project and I have to compete with companies with programmers and specialized personnel.
Please, if you think you can help me, contact me.

Kind regards

Themis

Posted on: 2008/6/1 13:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: MyTabs related question
From Portugal
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
Quote:

Themis wrote:

I would like to clone the module or just the block. How this can be done?
My xoops version is the 2.0.16 and the module works fine.

Hi Themis, welcome to xuups! I eas afraid registration was not working, eheh!
Well, you do not need to clone this module, just clone block after block until you have the blocks you need. For cloning blocks just go to mytabs->blocks and groups ang hit clone link. Cloning makes sense if you want to use diferent pages for each block, so, you also have to make more pages and add tabs and blocks to each one. After your pages are created, go to your cloned blocks and select the page you want to use. You can use more than one block in your main page for example, they will work fine.

Quote:

Second: I'm looking for a developer who can modify the xoops standard profile to add more sections and options, or the yogurt module which I believe is a better option.
Actually my site is about translations, a portal more or less and I would like specific options to be added to member's profiles.
E.g.: target language > source language, rates for translations - interpretations, CAT tools that they use, specific software, if they are available or not to undertake a project, in which domains they specialize (economics, law, etc) as well as fields about their experience, translation samples, etc.

About yogurt, I´m not sure that is what you want because you can not set new fields for users profile.

Smartfactory has a module called smartprofile who will let you add custom fields and create a step by step registration page. The module is beta and you will have to search if you want it compatible with php4. Like I said, it is a beta, it has a lot of bugs.

In xuups.com(here) I´m using a fork of smartprofile, but it has bugs to, my idea is to make a pluginable profile so you can make something similar to yogurt, but extensible.

You can also hack core files to achive that, this means that bugs will go 0 but upgrading will become difficult (hack and hack again)

Better option is to wait for the profile module that xoops.org is making.
Anyway, if you want to try my version of smartprofile I can provide you a link

Posted on: 2008/6/1 14:35

Just popping in
From Greece
Group:
Registered Users
Hallo again,

Thanks your your quick response.
I'm happy that the notification options hack can be used by someone else.

As for the smartprofile, I have already tried it and it messed up the whole site. To be more precise, I had problems with user's registration and activation. I had to restore my site to a previous backup in order to work fine.
The reason is that smartprofile changes the user registration URL redirecting to registration.php or activation.php, files that did not exist before the smartprofile installation.
I won't try that again...!!!

Kind regards
Themis

Posted on: 2008/6/1 15:10

Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
I think the suggestion of the Trabis is very realistic. I will also suggest that you wait a module allowing the extension of the profile.

About the use of modules dependent php4, my suggestion is to forget. Look modules that are at least compatible with php5. Support for php4 is in the final and not worth getting investing in new developments that may depend on php4. Even the modules compatible, should be evaluated well for this.

A temporary solution to use today and extend camps and works very well, is the http://www.efqdirectory.com/

While it is a module focused on directories, with some creativity, change in the fields of translation, you can create fields in length and work with extra data to users. It is not an ideal solution, but if you want to do this for only a few users, could be a temporary solution and does not need to cut the xoops to use.

[pt-br]
Eu penso que a sugestão do Trabis é muito realista. Eu também irei sugerir que você aguarde um módulo que permita a extensão do perfil.

Sobre a utilizar módulos dependentes de php4, a minha sugestão é esquecer. Procure módulos que sejam no mínimo compatíveis com php5. O suporte ao php4 está no final e não vale a pena ficar investindo em novos desenvolvimentos que possam depender de php4. Mesmo os módulos compatíveis, devem ser bem avaliados para isto.

Uma solução temporária para usar hoje e extender campos e trabalha muito bem, é o http://www.efqdirectory.com/

Embora seja um módulo orientado a diretórios, com alguma criatividade, mudança nos campos de tradução, poderá criar campos de extensão e trabalhar com dados extras para usuários. Não é um solução ideal, mas se desejar fazer isto para apenas poucos usuários, poderá ser uma solução temporária e que não precise cortar o xoops para usar.
[/pt-br]

sorry, my first language is portuguese

Posted on: 2008/6/2 17:22

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
No it does not work. I have installed it today in xcl and started debugging it. I have it working but there are other small issues there are needing fixing. Please allow us some more days. Thanks you.

Posted on: 2014/12/31 5:16

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Login