Welcome to the October 2013 issue of WOX (World of XOOPS) Newsletter (see here previous versions).
It's been a while since the last issue, and a lot of things have changed since the last issue.
Work continues XOOPS 2.6.0. You can read more about latest development in this article: XOOPS is back, and with a vengeance! :)
- XOOPS Innovation Award - for people who create something very unique and innovative for XOOPS. This time the award goes to Charly Cobben (chco2) from Netherlands for his work on the QRCode and CuErPa modules.
==> You can see our previous winners here
- XOOPSer of the Month Award: is given to XOOPS members who show extraordinary dedication to XOOPS, and go the extra mile for XOOPS. This month, it goes to Rodney Nunya (redheadedrod) from USA, for his work on MySQLi Connectors for Xoops 2.5.6 and 2.6 and continues support of our users on the XOOPS Forums.
==> You can see our previous winners here
Enzyme Theme For Xoops
Publisher + SmartPartner + Contact
In addition to the module at one publisher did the external blocks
Publisher scroller module is automatic.
Original Theme : http://ethemes.com/live/Enzyme/index-nivo.html
Home Page : http://xoopstasarim.com/sonxoops/
Publisher Home Page : http://xoopstasarim.com/sonxoops/modules/publisher/
SmartPartner Home Page : http://xoopstasarim.com/sonxoops/modules/smartpartner/
Contact : http://xoopstasarim.com/sonxoops/modules/contact/
http://www.programgezgini.com/modules ... s/singlefile.php?lid=1626
Thank you XOOPS!
As always, security is on top of priority list of XOOPS!
Current users of XOOPS 2.5.6 are encouraged to download and apply a Security Patch.
Download: SourceForge File Repository
This security patch fixes some potential XSS issues discovered by Mehdi Dadkhah and fixed by Richard Griffith.
While 2.5.6 Websites that have currently installed Protector are safe from this XSS vulnerability, we recommend strongly to apply this patch to ALL XOOPS 2.5.6 Websites.
How to Apply the Patch:
Just copy ALL the files from /htdocs folder in this Zip file to your XOOPS Website.
No other action is needed.
For users of XOOPS Versions older than 2.5.6
Please update AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to XOOPS 2.5.6. As always, the current versions are always the most stable and safest, i.e. older versions might be open to vulnerabilities that has been already fixed in the current version.
As of today, all XOOPS 2.5.6 versions available for download have been all patched.
Wishing everybody Happy and Safe Xoopsing!
XOOPS Core Team
We are pleased to announce that Ricardo Costa (Trabis) and Nicolas Andricq (ForMuss) have been inducted into the XOOPS Hall of Fame
XOOPS Hall of Fame has been created to recognize people who provided in the past extraordinary support and dedication for XOOPS, and helped to move XOOPS forward. It is just a small token of appreciation for all the hours they've spent on making XOOPS what it is today - one of the world's finest Web CMS solutions around!
Ricardo Costa (Trabis) - the Lead Developer of the XOOPS 2.4.x series and XOOPS 2.6.0. He also developed and updated countless modules. He is one of the finest and most pleasant developers to work with, respected and beloved by the whole XOOPS Community.
While due to new jobs and family responsibilities they had to scale down their XOOPS involvement, we hope that once their lives become less hectic, they'll be able to contribute again to XOOPS!
Please join us in thanking them for all the hard work, their support and dedication to XOOPS!!!!
Sept. 16, 2013
I don't think, we had so much excitement about XOOPS as we have right now, in a very very long time!
We're now starting to work with full power on XOOPS 2.6.0!
After incorporating the Doctrine DB Abstraction Layer, that puts us on par in the DB area with projects like Laravel and Symfony, which are also using Doctrine, Richard Griffith, our new Core Team leader, continues to deliver amazing things!
Building up on the awesome work on XOOPS 2.6.0 by Trabis, ForMuss , Mage and Dugris, Richard just did some major redesign of our Debugging/Logging system, making XOOPS the CMS with probably the best debugging/logging capabilities in the world! Something what all serious developers will truly appreciate!
- Our new logging mechanism in Core is now PSR-3 compatible, which currently only very, very few projects can claim!!!
- he has replaced our outdated Debug view with the awesome PhpDebugeBar module, that will provide our developers with tons of useful information.
As you can see above, our new PhpDebugBar is actually a "PhpDebugBar on steroids" because it merges it with information that XOOPS provides. So now we'll have the same information as the old Debug, but much, much more, incl. Smarty info and the cool timeline! Check out the original PhpDebugBar to see the original limited version of the PhpDebugeBar, but if you want to see what Richard did, you need to download XOOPS 2.6.0
- we've converted our Legacy Logger to the new logging system
- and we've included Monolog module for professional logging capabilities!
- and Richard is almost done with reworking of Trabis' XMF (XOOPS Module Framework). We plan to use XMF as a migration tool for existing XOOPS modules. Once converted to XMF, the current modules should be able to run on XOOPS 2.6.x, with no or only very minimal modifications, which will keep with our tradition of easy migration for our users.
You can check it out the latest changes on Richard's GitHub account
We are still running tests, and then we'll commit to our central GitHub XOOPS Repository
Oh, did we mentioned that we're already using PHP Composer and that in the future we'll be also fully utilizing Packagist?
And Richard is just warming up
So expect more cool things coming soon!
But why wait? Just join the XOOPS Development Team and start contributing to XOOPS, either in the Core area or in the Module Development area, or both!
Please join the conversion in this thread!
XOOPS is Powered by YOU!!!